As American Jews, we are deeply committed to a peaceful and just resolution of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, a resolution that will provide safety, security and freedom for Jews, Palestinians, and all others living in this region. We believe that such a peace can only be achieved when Israel withdraws from its settlements in the Palestinian territories and addresses the legitimate national and human rights of the Palestinian people. We do not accept that Jewish survival depends on unconditional support for the Israeli government and its policies. Rather we believe that the future safety and survival of our people rests on our ability to live in peace with our neighbors and to work to ensure justice and security for all people.
We therefore advocate for:
- An end to Israel's military occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem and a complete withdrawal from its settlements and occupation infrastructure;
- An immediate end to collective punishments (banned under international law) and human rights violations of Palestinians including demolition of homes, arbitrary arrests, torture, the closure and encirclement of villages and communities, an end to the uprooting of trees and travel restrictions;
- The rights of Israelis and Palestinians to self-representation and collective sovereignty within political entities of their own choosing; full equality, civil rights and economic justice for all Israeli citizens including Palestinians;
- A shared Jerusalem;
- A just resolution to the plight of Palestinian refugees;
- Freedom from violence and terror for all people of the Middle East; we condemn violence by any party against innocent Palestinian or Israeli civilians;
- Equitable distribution of critical natural resources, including water, oil, gas, electric power
- A suspension of all US military aid to Israel until Israel ends its occupation of the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem.