|Your donation |
keeps us going!
Not In My Name
2859 Central St
Evanston IL 60201
These links are provided as useful and important sources of news and analysis. Their content does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the members of Not In My Name.
- AMIN Arab Media Internet Network
- Ha'aretz The English edition of the Israeli daily newspaper.
- Independent Media Center (Israel) The Israeli component of the Independent Media cooperative project.
- Jerusalem Communication Media Centre was established in 1988 by a group of Palestinian journalists and researchers to provide information on events in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and the Gaza Strip. JMCC's Jerusalem and Gaza offices provide a wide range of services to journalists, researchers, international agencies, individuals and organizations interested in obtaining reliable information on the Palestinian territory. The publish some of the most extensive polling data avaliable.
- Palestinian Chronicle An independent internet magazine, dedicated to addressing issues and offering perspectives rarely seen in mainstream western media. Honorary Editorial board includes, Dr. Hanan Ashrawi, Noam Chomsky, Dr. Eyad El-Sarraj, Dr. Mustafa Abdul-Shafi, Mr. Rafiq Jaber, Mr. Khaled A. Al-Maeena, James Joseph Sanchez, Dr. Ahmed Bouzid, Robert Jensen: Associate Professor, and Hebah Abdullah.
- Ramallah Online An excellent source of news and photos.
- The Electronic Infitada A resource for countering myth, distortion and spin from the Israeli media war machine.
- ZNet Middle East Watch An excellent "portal" to many sites and information resources and the Middle East.
- Alternative Information Center A tremendous source of current information.
- Association of Forty An association taking care of 40 Arab villages unrecognized by Israel.
- B'tselem B'tselem is an Israeli organization concerned with the abuse of Palestinian human rights in the occupied territories.
- Between the Lines A monthly initiative produced and edited by two former editors of News from Within, together with the help of close supporters and writers.
- Gush Shalom A non-partisan grass roots movement, composed of Jews and ArabsIndependents as well as members of political parties and other organizationswhose aim is to influence public opinion.
- Israeli Coalition Against House Demolitions (ICAHD)
- New Profile Movement for the Civil-ization if Israeli Society.
- Mossawa Center The Advocacy Center for Arab Citizens of Israel.
- News From Within A monthly magazine published by the Alternative Information Center that reflects the center's combination of political activism with research and analysis.
- Peace Now An Israeli peace movement.
- Rabbis for Human Rights (RHR) The rabbinic voice of conscience in Israel founded in 1988 in response to serious abuses of human rights by the Israeli military authorities in the suppression of the Intifada.
- The Other Israel A bimonthly magazine that aims to provide extensive coverage of the diverse struggles waged by the Israeli peace movement at large.
- Yesh Gvul An Israeli peace group campaigning against the occupation by backing soldiers who refuse duties of a repressive or aggressive nature.
- Brit Tzedek v'Shalom, the Jewish Alliance for Justice and Peace, is a national organization of American Jews deeply committed to Israel's well-being through the achievement of a negotiated settlement to the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- European Jews for a Just Peace, EJJP, is a federation of Jewish groups from different European countries.
- Jewish American Medical Project Sponsored by several U.S. Jewish peace groups, this is an effort to provide medical aid, clinical support, and educational exchange with Palestinian health care organizations and Israeli human rights organizations, including Physicians for Human Rights-Israel and the Union of Palestinian Medical Relief Committees.
- Jewish-Palestinian Discussion Group An online discussion group.
- Jewish Peace Fellowship A Jewish voice in the peace community and a peace voice in the Jewish community.
- Jewish Voices Against the Occupation (JVAO) Sign a full-page ad in the New York Times against the Israeli Occupation!
- Jewish Voice for Peace is a diverse and democratic community of activists inspired by Jewish tradition to work together for peace, social justice, and human rights.
- Jews for Israeli-Palestinian Peace! an organization founded in Stockholm in 1982, with the purpose to provide an opportunity for Jews in Sweden to work actively for peace between Israelis and Palestinians, and to try to influence the Jewish community in Sweden and the Swedish public opinion at large towards a peaceful solution of the Middle Eastern conflict.
- Jews for Justice for Palestinians is a network of Jews in Britain, formed in February 2002, who oppose Israeli policies that undermine the livelihoods, human, civil and political rights of the Palestinian people.
- Jews for Justice in the Middle East A group of Jews who have published a very useful and eye-opening pamphlet entitled "The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict." Now in its third edition, this text explodes many of the myths promoted by the Israeli government and mainstream Jewish organizations in the United States.
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice (JFREJ) Founded in May 1990 by a group of communal leaders, rabbis, educators, writers, and activists, dismayed by the increasing level of racial and ethnic tension, violence, and economic disparities in New York City, and by the lack of progressive responses from the Jewish community.
- La Paix Maintenant (French Peace Now)
- New Israel Fund Supports non-government organizations in Israel that safeguard civil and human rights, promote Jewish-Arab equality and coexistence, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, bridge social and economic gaps, pursue environmental justice, and encourage government accountability.
- The Shalom Center Founded in 1983, the Shalom Center brings Jewish spirituality, tradition, and experience to bear on issues of tikkun olampursuing peace, seeking justice, healing the earth, and building community.
- Visions of Peace with Justice in Israel/Palestine (VOPJI/P)
Boston-area Jewish group founded in 1998, which organizes and educates for an end to the Israeli Occupation of lands seized in 1967.
Official Political Organizations
- Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs An offical site of the government of Israel.
- Meretz A democratic and peace-seeking party in which Jews and Arabs operate in complete equality. Meretz is fully committed to human rights, to full equality between all of the citizens of the State, to social justice, to the security of Israel, and to the values of Humanistic Zionism.
- Palestinian National Authority (PNA) The official web site of the PNA.